Thursday, January 26, 2006

Vassula and The Notification: Vassula Ryden Notification Irrelevant

Vassula and The Notification: Vassula Ryden Notification Irrelevant I was introduced to TLIG in the 1990s and I found something in what was written that helped in a spiritual sense. Then came the 1995 notification, and all of the suspicion that went with such a notification. I saw Vassula when she came to Sydney, at Chatswood. I remained impressed over what I had seen, which was in fact quite spiritually uplifting. Nothing special happened to me. Why do I believe that the hand of God is involved? Well it is the way in which these messages are written. They are like a love song, a love poem to a bride. When I purchased the first book, I tried to substitute my name and the messages became more personal. In some ways I have moved on, because I have continued my own love of reading the Scripture. This I believe is the purpose of seeing the hand of God in something that is private revelation. It should lead us back to the Scripture, and we should be more aware of Catholic teaching about the Scripture. When I have asked priests about this material I have been told to read it with caution. I agree that a cautious approach needs to be taken. Then I read the prayers that spill forth from the writings and again I know the source. It is the Holy Spirit who writes through Vassula.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have read TLIG and I had the same experiences that you had. But I check the Internet and see more bad things written about her than good. But I think it is about in proportion to what the church gets too.